Download the Report A Perfect Storm: The COVID-19 Experience for Revera and the Long Term Care sector.
Dear Residents, Families and Employees
Like many of you, New Year’s Eve was very different this year. As I quietly rang in the New Year with my wife at home, midnight brought both relief that this heartbreaking year is finally over, and cautious hope that 2021 will be a very different experience for everyone.
I’m not sure that a year has ever felt longer than 2020 has. It’s no wonder many of us feel more reflective than celebratory. Eager to finally turn the page, but, thanks to the unforeseen challenges that this year brought, maybe a bit hesitant to feel our usual optimism at the dawning of a new one.
Dear Revera Residents and Family Members
It’s finally 2021, and like you I am very glad to turn the page on 2020. I am heartened that this new year comes with new hope in the form of vaccines that will help us all to fight back against the virus that has shaken our world. It is a seismic shift to go from the identification of a new virus and the discovery, development and availability of vaccines to fight it in less than one year. This truly remarkable achievement by the world’s scientists means that, while it’s too early to let our guard down, there is reason for optimism.
Revera's Pandemic Response Plan
Revera’s pandemic protocols, guided by public health directives and our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rhonda Collins, include physical distancing, universal masking, visitor screening, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), deep cleaning and disinfecting, and more. When a resident or employee has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, we act immediately to reduce the spread of the virus. Read our FAQ for more details.
Visiting a loved one?
Visits are important for both our residents and their families, and, we are committed to supporting them in keeping with provincial and local public health guidance. Check the latest visitation protocols in your province; for information about visiting a specific site, please contact the Executive Director.
Revera messages to families and employees
- Jan 6: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 1: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Dec 18: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Dec 14: Visiting a loved one in a Long Term Care Home or a Retirement Residence? Check the latest visitor protocols in your province.
- Dec 7: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Dec 7: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Nov 17: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Nov 11: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Nov 9: Statement on staffing at Maples Personal Care Home – Winnipeg
The current situation
We're in this together
- World Health Organization (WHO): Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19
- Health Canada's COVID-19 Resource Centre
- Health Canada's preparation recommendations