Dear Residents, Families and Employees
The pandemic is still with us, but it feels like we have a moment to reflect and think about how far we’ve come. We have experienced what has already been the worst pandemic in living memory, but our collective response to this crisis makes me prouder than ever to be Canadian.
I’m also proud of Revera’s response, especially our incredible employees who have provided care and comfort to thousands of seniors over the past several months. We’ve been heartbroken by loss, yet we adapted, we persevered, and we held strong through these very trying times.
Dear Revera Residents and Family Members
Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve seen steadily increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases in communities, particularly in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and British Columbia. In fact, today Ontario is reporting its highest number of cases since early June. The spread is rising particularly amongst young adults, with public health officials theorizing that the easing of pandemic restrictions, including the opening of restaurants, bars and now schools, is partially to blame, along with gatherings in homes and backyards amongst families and friends where practices like physical distancing and wearing masks are more easily forgotten.
Revera's Pandemic Response Plan
Guided by Revera’s strict outbreak protocols and public health pandemic directives, our long term care homes and retirement residences are working to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Making sure residents and staff practice physical distancing
- Screening visitors and following provincial guidelines for visitation
- Monitoring residents and staff daily for symptoms
- Requiring universal masking for all staff
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Isolating residents with symptoms or confirmed COVID-19
For more details, review our FAQs document,
We continue to take guidance from provincial directives for visitation and general re-opening. For residence or home specific visitation guidelines, please connect with the Executive Director.
Visiting a loved one in a Long Term Care Home or a Retirement Residence? Check here for the latest protocols in your province.
Revera messages to families and employees
The current situation
We're in this together
- World Health Organization (WHO): Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19
- Health Canada's COVID-19 Resource Centre
- Health Canada's preparation recommendations