Dear Residents, Families and Employees
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact people in Canada and around the world, Revera is committed to your safety and wellbeing in our retirement residences and long term care homes. This page provides information about Revera’s response to the pandemic, along with helpful information, updates and links to resources.
We wholeheartedly agree that visits are important and rewarding for both our residents and their families, and, are committed to safely supporting them. Over the course of the pandemic, Revera has adjusted its policies about visitors in keeping with provincial and regional health guidelines. To further enhance safety, Revera now requires visitors to provide proof of vaccination upon entry to any of our retirement residences or long term care homes. For more information, read our visitor guidelines below.
For information about the current COVID-19 situation and how that may be impacting visits to a specific retirement residence or long term care home, please contact the Executive Director.
Revera is following all guidance and direction provided by each province, local health authority and/or public health unit as applicable in supporting the rollout of vaccines in our homes and residences. First and second dose vaccine clinics for residents have been completed at all of Revera’s long term care facilities and retirement residences across Canada. Third doses are also well underway, and a majority of eligible residents have received their booster dose.
Effective October 12, 2021, vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all Revera staff across Canada, unless an individual has a medical exemption This applies to all employees, volunteers, agency staff, contractors and students at Revera retirement homes and long term care facilities, as well as Revera’s Support Office in Mississauga, Ontario. This policy reflects the expectation by Canadians that healthcare workers be fully vaccinated to reduce the risk of the spread and severity of the coronavirus, and is consistent to our commitment and obligation to take measures to protect residents and staff.
The current situation
The COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, pandemic has been heartbreaking and challenging for people in Canada and around the world, and seniors have been disproportionately impacted. As the situation continues to evolve, it’s natural to have questions for yourself or for your loved one. Our FAQs provide some answers.
If you have additional questions or concerns about your loved one, please call 1 866-317-1975Hours of operation:
- Monday to Thursday 8am to 9pm
- Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday 10am to 6pm
- Sunday 10am to 4pm
Download the Report A Perfect Storm: The COVID-19 Experience for Revera and the Long Term Care sector.
Revera messages to families and employees
- Dec: Frequently Asked Questions
- Oct 12: CEO letter to residents and families
- Aug 26: CEO letter to residents and families
- Aug 18: CEO letter to residents and families
- July 27: Frequently Asked Questions
- May 10: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Apr 30: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Mar 29: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Mar 22: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Mar 11: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 25: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 2: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Jan 27: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 6: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 1: CEO letter to residents, families and employees