Dear Residents, Families and Employees
Over the past year, the Canadian public saw what residents, their families and all of us in the sector have known all along: the dedicated employees working to support and care for seniors in long term care homes and retirement residences are heroes. Right across Canada, they have been on the front lines of the battle to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – sometimes while fighting other, more personal battles that have caused financial strain.
Dear Revera Residents and Family Members
I recently posted a new item on the Revera blog, and I want to share these thoughts with you as well.
My goal is to address some of the myths about the COVID-19 vaccines. Misinformation may be causing some people to feel hesitant about getting vaccinated, and I would like to provide you with evidence-based information about the vaccines.
Download the Report A Perfect Storm: The COVID-19 Experience for Revera and the Long Term Care sector.
Revera’s pandemic protocols, guided by public health directives and our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rhonda Collins, include physical distancing, universal masking, visitor screening, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), deep cleaning and disinfecting, and more. When a resident or employee has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, we act immediately to reduce the spread of the virus. Read our FAQ for more details.
Visiting a loved one?
Visits are important for both our residents and their families, and, we are committed to supporting them in keeping with provincial and local public health guidance. For information about visiting a specific site, please contact the Executive Director.
Revera messages to families and employees
- Mar 29: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Mar 22: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Mar 11: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 25: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 2: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Jan 27: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 6: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 1: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
The current situation
Vaccine rollout clinics
Information on the current vaccination status at your or your loved one's home is now available. Revera is following all guidance and direction provided by each province, local health authority and/or public health unit as applicable in supporting the rollout of vaccines in our homes and residences.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19
- Health Canada's COVID-19 Resource Centre
- Health Canada's preparation recommendations