COVID-19 updates: long term care
At Revera, the health and safety of our residents and employees is our highest priority. The COVID-19 Pandemic has been difficult for everyone, but it has been especially difficult for our residents, their families and our staff and we are doing everything we can to minimize its impact on our homes.
The Omicron variant is spreading rapidly across communities throughout Canada. Serious outcomes for residents and staff in our homes are being mitigated by our extensive vaccination programs and infection prevention and control practices.
All Residents who consented, and are able to be vaccinated, are fully vaccinated - and most residents have received their third shot. All Revera staff are fully vaccinated and are in the process of receiving third shots.
Revera continues to work closely with public health officials and to follow strict pandemic outbreak protocols and infection control practices. All staff are trained to follow IPAC procedures, including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
All residents are monitored twice daily for symptoms. All staff are screened at the beginning of their shifts and are being cohorted. All staff are required to wear appropriate PPE in the home.
Homes undertake enhanced cleaning practices, including frequently disinfecting high touch surfaces like handrails and doors, common areas and staff rooms.
Our homes communicate regularly with residents, their families and staff and reaches out to notify them when a home has been declared in outbreak by Public Health.
Visitation policies vary from province to province. Before visiting one of our homes, please contact your loved one’s home directly to inquire about the protocols that apply. Learn more about our Visitation Policies.
Revera continues to do everything we can to keep our residents and employees safe as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our long term care homes and retirement residences.
The following homes are affected by an outbreak of COVID-19 as declared by the local, regional or provincial Public Health authority on the dates below:
- Poseidon, Winnipeg, Aug 29
- Arbour Heights, Kingston, Aug 24
- Baywoods Place, Hamilton, Aug 24
- Burloak, Oakville, June 27
- Carlingview Manor, Ottawa, Aug 18
- Fosterbrooke, Newcastle, June 22
- Hallowell House, Picton, Aug 26
- Harold and Grace Baker Centre, Toronto, July 6
- Hillside Manor, Stratford, Aug 22
- Iler Lodge, Essex, Aug 21
- Main Street Terrace, Toronto, Aug 23
- Sherwood Court, Maple, May 24
- Stirling Heights, Cambridge, Aug 27
- ThorntonView, Oshawa, Sept 7
- Village on the Ridge, Ridgetown, Sept 8
- West Oak Village, Oakville, Aug 30
- Westside, Toronto, May 30