Revera celebrates Grand Opening of new Elmwood Place in London
This marks the company’s first long term care redevelopment project to open in Ontario. The new Elmwood Place hosted residents, employees and local dignitaries for a ribbon cutting ceremony and tour to celebrate.
With 50 additional bed licenses allocated by the Ministry of Long-Term Care, the new home will now accommodate 128 residents, providing increased access to much needed long term care capacity for older adults in the London area.
“Our government is fixing Ontario’s long-term care system so that every resident can experience the best possible quality of life, supported by safe, high-quality care,” said the Hon. Rod Phillips, Minister of Long-Term Care. “Building modern homes like the new Elmwood Place is a key part of our plan. The home is providing 128 much-needed beds to seniors in the London area.”
Features of the redeveloped Elmwood Place
The new Elmwood Place, which is located at 3400 Morgan Avenue, welcomed its first residents on September 27. The beautiful new home is built to the latest design standards and incorporates many evidence-based features designed to improve the resident experience, including:
- A new layout with greater privacy for residents - 60 per cent of the rooms are singles with their own washrooms, and the remaining 40 per cent share are dual accommodation with a shared entrance vestibule and washroom but private bedroom areas.
- Oversized windows which allow more natural light, a calming colour palette, more expansive hallways and more space for amenities.
- Better airflow and temperature control in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Energy-efficient and equipped with the latest digital technology to help families and residents stay connected, the latest mobile medical charting and visitor wi-fi.
- Specialized lighting which adjusts to outdoor lighting levels, pathway lighting to the suite door and bathroom space to prevent falls.
- Touchless faucets in all resident washrooms, enhancing infection prevention and control (IPAC).
- Dementia-friendly secured resident home area and beautifully landscaped outdoor space.
“Elmwood Place is organized into four, 32-resident ‘neighbourhoods,’ each with its own balcony and dining room, so each area feels like a smaller community within the larger home,” said Wendy Gilmour, Senior Vice President, Long Term Care, Revera. “The residents and staff were engaged throughout the process, even choosing the names of the four neighbourhoods – Springbank Park and East Park on the first floor, and Gibbons Park and Victoria Park on the second floor – to help them feel even more at home.”
For more information on the new Elmwood Place, including photos of the Grand Opening event, the first residents moving in, and a drone video flyover, see this reveraliving.com/en/live-with-us/ontario/london/elmwood-place.
Revera is a leading Canadian-owned and -headquartered, owner, investor, developer and operator in the senior living sector. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom serving more than 55,000 seniors. The company offers seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care, and long term care. With approximately 50,000 employees dedicated to providing exceptional care and service, Revera is helping seniors live life to the fullest. Through Age is More, Revera is committed to challenging ageism, the company’s social cause of choice. In Canada, Revera is proud to operate retirement residences and long term care homes from coast to coast. You can find Revera in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Newfoundland and Labrador. Find out more at ReveraLiving.com, Facebook.com/ReveraInc or on Twitter @Revera_Inc.
For further information please contact: