Independent Supportive Living
Need a helping hand now and then? If maintaining your independence is important to you but you could use a little assistance from time to time, Revera’s independent supportive living offers you the best of both worlds. In this section, we’ll talk about how this is a good option for supporting older people’s independent living and providing them with personalized and discreet services to help with daily routines. We will also discuss the differences between independent supportive living and assisted living and answer some common questions.
What type of support is offered in independent supportive living?
Are you taking one or more medications, and looking for help to ensure you take what you need, when you need it? Or do you require another form of care to get you through your day? In independent supportive living, you’ll have access to practical on-site personal care services such as medication administration. Care services may be offered by Revera staff or through government-funded home care agencies, depending on where you live and the care team available in each retirement residence.
Keep in mind that you’ll also enjoy the many benefits of independent retirement home living, with a suite you’ve selected that provides you with comfort, privacy and every convenience. You’ll also be part of a safe and secure community with a range of independent supportive living services, chef-inspired dining, and fun and fulfilling social and recreational activities to enjoy with new friends.
If you enjoy your independence but want to be sure you’ll have the help you need when you move to a retirement residence, consider choosing independent supportive living. When you do so, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing there is a helping hand ready and able to support you.
What are the benefits of independent supportive living?
There are many benefits to selecting independent supportive living, not the least of which is the fact that you’ll enjoy all of the advantages of living independently in a vibrant retirement community, such as:
- An exceptional dining experience, with delicious, healthy, chef-inspired meals that can be customized to meet dietary needs, all in a variety of welcoming settings.
- An active, social atmosphere of people at a similar stage of life as you are. Socialization is a primary reason many people move to a retirement home, and whether you feel like spending time on your own or connecting with your new friends, the choice is always up to you!
- Events and activities such as cooking demonstrations, off-site excursions, local entertainment and much more to keep you as busy and engaged as you want to be.
- A range of amenities such as fitness centres, art studios, theatres, libraries, or potting sheds for gardeners. Some retirement homes even offer special amenities such as swimming pools, golf simulators, or, when they are pet-friendly residences, dog runs and dog washes.
- A safe and secure environment.
On top of these benefits, independent supportive living residents enjoy services like housekeeping and laundry, so you can free up your time to do more of what you want to do. Plus, you’ll have access to the assistance you need to live your life to the fullest – whether you need care services such as medication administration, personal services such as bathing or grooming, or just a little help getting to the dining room each day. We’re here to help.
Our team would be happy to talk with you about your care needs, and a member of our nursing team will complete an assessment with you before you move in, to ensure we have captured all your care needs.
When you are ready to explore your options, we are here to help. Our team is ready and available to answer all your questions – just give us a call at 1-877-929-9222.