At Revera Retirement Living, wellness is where it’s at. Creating a wellness model means a significant culture shift for the entire organization from a care-first mindset toward a focus on wellness, health promotion and illness prevention.
We’re focusing on wellness because it’s the right thing to do – and because it’s what our residents and our prospective customers want!
Taking care of residents’ health and personal care needs is important, but they are asking us to shift focus from care-oriented assisted living to a more proactive, preventative health focus on Active Living in our retirement homes.
According to recent research:
- 60% of respondents in a survey by the International Council on Active Aging said their retirement community will be built on a culture of wellness lifestyle by 2023
- 90% of respondents in the Mather Institute AgeWell Study rated wellness programs as important in impacting resident and family member satisfaction and on move-in decision-making
We are taking a multi-layered, holistic approach in our Dimensions of Wellness program, one that encompasses the whole person and builds on their life experiences, desires and preferences.
What does Revera’s new emphasis on wellness look like?
- Emphasis on education and lifelong learning to stimulate minds
- Creative exercise and movement programs for healthy bodies
- Engaging health education to encourage wellness-based choices
- Robust clinical disease prevention and disease management systems
- Healthy options in food preparation and nutrition education
- Stimulating intergenerational programs connecting youth and older adults for mutual benefit
- Regular health screening to promote early detection of disease
Creating a wellness-infused culture is where we are heading at Revera. Our retirement living residents want to live healthy, engaged lives, pursuing their interests and desires while ensuring their basic health needs are met. Our Active Living, Culinary and Clinical teams are continuing to emphasize wellness promotion for residents ready to live their dreams.